- Mountakis, C.European Physical Education Review, 7(1), 92-106.
- Stivaktaki - Moudatsou, Ch., Mountakis, C., Bournelli, P. (2010). The effect of a cross-curricular study programme on the attitudes and perceptions of Greek pupils towards traditional (folk) dance in the First Year of Secondary School. Research in Dance Education, 11(3), 193–211.
- Kontodimaki, V., Mountakis, C., Travlos, A. K., Stergioulas, A. (2012). The investigation of the efficiency of the organization of the Physical Training in Greek Army. Biology of exercise, 8(1), 27-36. DOI: http:doi.org/10.4127/jbe.2012.0052
- Mavrovouniotis, F., Papaioannou, Chr., Argiriadou, Eir., Mountakis, C., Konstadinakos, P., Pikoula, I. (2013). The Effect of a Combined Training Program with Greek Dances and Pilates on Balance of Blind Children. J, 13(1), 91-100. Index Copernicus, IC Value-current 3.65.
- Argiriadou, Eir., Mountakis, C., Konstadinakos, P., Zakas, A., Mavrovouniotis, F., Mavrovounioti, Chr. (2013). The effect of a single bout of Greek dances on subjective health of middle-aged people. J, 13(2), 177-183, 2013. Index Copernicus, IC Value-current 3.65
- Pateraki, M. & Mountakis, C. (2013). Zorba’s Cinematic Dance: Global Fame, Local Claim Beyond Studios and Screens. Science of Dance, 6, 67-85.
- Vasiliki Kontodimaki and Costas Mountakis (2014). Disparities among Greek Army Units due to Physical Training Instructor’s Competency Influencing the Organizational Efficiency of the Army Physical Training. The Open Sports Sciences Journal, 7, 65-72.
- Pantazi, T., Mountakis, C. (2015). Views of teachers on teacher training in physical education based on the manual for the first class (thirteen-year- olds) in Greek secondary schools. Choregia, 11(3), 2015
- The Appraisal, by Pupils in the 5th and 6th Classes of Junior School, of the Physical Education Manual Proscribed for them. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 7(3), 486-495.
- COSTAS MOUNTAKIS, (2016). Olympic education in all Greek schools: adoption and abandonment. Acta Universitatis Carolinae Kinanthropologica, 52(2), 41-55. DOI: 10.14712/23366052.2016.10.